Plenty of people share the phobia of a needle, but nothing comes close to the satisfaction of knowing someone in need was treated with a successful donation.
The Psychology Club will host a blood drive in conjunction with South Texas Blood and Tissue Center 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 6 at Main Campus Building. The blood drive is a University-sponsored event through the office of student engagement and success.
“We were asked to help find students from a student organization to help check people in and offer directions for the event. The Psychology Club is providing the man power for those needs,” Hoyt Garner, Student Programming Board secretary, said.
What you can expect
Tips from the American Red Cross
You will receive a mini physical to check your:
• Blood pressure
• Body temperature
• Have a light meal and plenty to drink
• Bring your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification
• Bring the names of medications you are taking
• Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet
• Hydrate – drink an extra 16 oz of liquid before and after your donation
• Have a healthy meal before your donation – avoid foods high in fat just prior to donation
• Remember to bring your ID
For more information, call Lorie Garcia 210.347.0808 or email email@example.com.