By Jennifer Luna
The Mesquite staff welcomes voices that contribute to this university and the surrounding South Side community. We invite students, faculty and staff to submit their viewpoints through Letters to the Editor and opinion pieces.
As the campus newspaper of record, we want to provide a forum for your opinions about politics, university improvements, lifestyle or social issues. So, if you have something bottled up inside of you, write it down and send it to us.
Email email@example.com or bring submissions to The Mesquite newsroom, Room 320, in the Central Academic Building between 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. We prefer digital Microsoft Word files.
Materials from Texas A&M-San Antonio students, faculty and staff on current events have priority and run at the editor’s discretion.
- Please limit guest viewpoints, columns and editorial submissions to 300 words. We reserve the right to edit for brevity, content and clarity.
- The writer must include full name, major and classification (junior or senior) for students, professional title for A&M-San Antonio employees, and city for local residents.
- Students, faculty and staff must provide a university or jaguar email addressto publish with their letter.
- Writers may turn in submissions once every two weeks. The Mesquite does not accept letters that praise or criticize individuals, organizations orbusinesses.
- If the editors determine that a conflict of interest may occur by publishing a viewpoint, it will not be published.
- While we do not accept material endorsing political candidates, The Mesquite will publish opinions that discuss candidates and campaign issues.
- Submissions written for class assignments must relate to campus issues.
- All published submissions become property of Jaguar Student Media. Views do not reflect those of faculty, staff, student body, student media, or the Board of Regents of Texas A&M University System. Columnists also do not reflect the views of The Mesquite.
- Editors will verify the identity of the author prior to publication.
- The Mesquite encourages reader and listener feedback through comments. However, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments from articles to meet the guidelines of the organization.
For more information, call the newsroom at 210-784-1050.